Trending DORM DECOR IDEAS THAT ARE TOTALLY Pinterest WORTHY
This post contains affiliate links, which means we'll receive a commission if you purchase through our links, at no extra cost to you. Read the disclosure here. Images Disclaimer: Most of the images are taken from Dormify as we are Affiliates for this Brand.
When I moved into my college dorm for the first time, the only thing that crossed my mind was how I could make it seem less like a dorm and more like my own home.
To get your creative juices flowing regarding interior decoration, we have compiled a list of some of the cutest dorms.
Check out our Dorm Room Checklist Blog
1. Keep it Neutral
When it comes to decorating, keeping it neutral can have several advantages:
- Neutral colours are extremely versatile and can be easily paired with other colours and patterns. This means you won’t be limited by a specific colour scheme if you decide to change up your decor in the future.
- Creating a Clean and Uncluttered Look: Neutral colours can help maximise the feeling of space in a small dorm room.
- Neutral colours can create a calming and relaxing atmosphere, making your dorm room feel like a peaceful retreat from the hectic campus life.
- Timeless Appeal: Neutral colours like white, beige, and grey are timeless and never go out of style. This means that your decor will not look dated or out of date after a few years.
- Gender-Neutral: Because neutral colours are gender-neutral, they are ideal for shared dorm rooms.
Overall, keeping your dorm decor neutral can give your space a timeless, versatile, relaxing, and gender-neutral feel. It can also assist you in making the most of the limited space available in a small dorm room.
Shop the Look:
2.All White Bedding & accents
Shop the Look:
3.Add some Pops of Color on white Bed
Here are some ideas for adding colour to your dorm room decor if you have a white bed.
- Throw Pillows in Bright Colors: Adding bright-colored throw pillows to your white bed is an easy way to add colour to your dorm room. Consider combining various colours and patterns for a fun and eclectic look.
- Colorful Bedding: Rather than an all-white bedding set, choose a colourful duvet cover, comforter, or quilt. This will add a striking element to your dorm room decor.
- Colorful Wall Art: Adding a focal point to your room by hanging colourful wall art above your white bed. To make a statement, choose pieces in bold, bright colours.
- Accent Rugs: Adding an accent rug to your dorm room can add colour and texture. To add interest to your white bedding, choose a rug with a bold print or a bright colour.
- Drape a colourful throw blanket over the end of your bed to add texture and warmth to your white bedding. To add visual interest, choose a throw with a fun print or a bright colour.
By incorporating these pops of colour into your dorm room decor, you can add personality and flair to your white bedding while maintaining a clean and fresh appearance.
Get the look
3.Add cool neon sign:
A neon sign can give your dorm room a whimsical and entertaining feel. Search for one in a term or phrase that captures your hobbies or personality.
A cool neon sign can add a fun and stylish element to your dorm room decor. Here are some suggestions for using a neon sign in your dorm room:
- Above the Bed: Create a bold and eye-catching focal point in your room by hanging a neon sign above your bed.
- Gallery Wall: Hang a neon sign alongside other framed art and decor pieces to create a gallery wall. This will result in a unified and visually appealing display.
- On a Shelf: To add personality and flair to your decor, place a neon sign on a shelf or bookcase.
- Against a Blank Wall: For a cool and casual look, consider leaning a neon sign against a blank wall in your dorm room.
- On a Desk or Nightstand: Placing a small neon sign on your desk or nightstand can add a playful and fun element to your workspace or bedside.
Consider a phrase or design that reflects your personality and style when selecting a neon sign for your dorm room. Check with your dorm’s rules and regulations to ensure that neon signs are permitted in your space.
4.Use Wooden Accents
Including wood accents in your dorm room decor can add warmth, texture, and a natural element to the space. Here are some suggestions for using wood accents in your dorm room:
- A wooden bedside table can add warmth and functionality to the decor of your dorm room. Consider a table with a natural wood finish or a neutral-colored painted finish.
- Wooden wall shelves can provide extra storage and display space in your dorm room. Consider shelves with a natural wood finish or a painted finish in a complementary colour to your decor.
- Picture Frames: Adding wooden picture frames to your dorm room decor can add a rustic and charming touch. To create a cohesive display, select frames in a variety of sizes and finishes.
- Decorative Boxes: Wooden decorative boxes can be used to store small items in your dorm room in a stylish manner. Consider boxes with a natural wood finish or a painted finish in a complementary colour to your decor.
- Accent Pieces: A decorative ladder, a jewellery stand, or a wall clock made of wood can add interest and texture to your dorm room decor.
Consider incorporating wooden accents into your dorm room decor in a variety of finishes and textures to add depth and dimension to your space. Check with your dorm’s rules and regulations to ensure that wooden accents are permitted in your space.
Get the look
5. Add some cool & Color Themed throw PILLOWS:
Adding a throw pillow or two to your bed or chair can add a cozy and inviting touch to your dorm room. Look for pillows in a color or pattern that complements your bedding.
6. Use Color And Macrame Hangings
Color and macrame hangings may make your dorm room comfortable and boho. Color and macrame hangings in your dorm room:
- Wall Hangings: Dorm room macrame wall hangings give texture and visual interest. To stand out, choose a vibrant wall hanging.
- Curtains: Dorm room macrame curtains give elegance and privacy. To match your design, choose neutral curtains.
- Pillows: Colorful pillows can brighten and relax your dorm room. Complement macrame hangings with bohemian or geometric pillows.
- Rugs: Colorful and patterned rugs bring warmth and texture to dorm rooms. Bohemian or tribal-inspired rugs can complement macrame hangings.
- Plant Hangers: Macrame plant hangers bring nature to your dorm room. Add colour with hanging plants with vibrant foliage or blossoms.
- Choose complementary colours and macrame hangings for your dorm room. Check your dorm’s guidelines to see if macrame hangings are allowed.
Get the look
7.Use Lavender as the Accent Color
8.Use a Fluffy Neutral Color rug:
A rug can add warmth and texture to your dorm room, and can help define your space. Consider a patterned or textured rug in a color that complements your bedding.
9. Get it matchy matchy
Get the Look
10.Go Bohoo style
Boho decor, short for “bohemian” decor, is a popular style distinguished by its eclectic and free-spirited appearance. Here are some examples of how to incorporate boho decor into your dorm room:
- Plants: Including plants in your dorm room can help to create a natural and organic environment. Choose plants with large, leafy foliage, such as fiddle-leaf figs or snake plants.
- Macrame wall hangings, plant hangers, and curtains can add a cosy, bohemian feel to your dorm room decor. Consider pieces with a variety of textures and natural fibres.
- Textiles: Adding colourful textiles to your space, such as throw pillows, blankets, and area rugs, can add warmth and visual interest. Consider using textiles with eye-catching patterns.
- Decorative Accents: Adding unique and personal decorative accents, such as vintage or handmade pieces, to your dorm room decor can add character and charm. Consider pieces with a variety of textures and materials.
- Lighting: Lighting can help you create a warm and inviting atmosphere in your dorm room. To add some ambient lighting to your space, consider using string lights or a Himalayan salt lamp.
Consider mixing and matching different textures, patterns, and materials to create a layered and eclectic look when designing a boho-inspired dorm room. Check with your dorm’s rules and regulations to ensure that boho decor is permitted in your space.
Get the look:
11.Black And White themed Room decor
A dorm room decorated in black and white can be sophisticated and stylish. Here are some black and white decorating ideas for your dorm room:
- Bedding: Black and white bedding can give your dorm room a sleek and modern look. To add visual interest, choose a patterned duvet cover or a striped comforter.
- Black and white photographs or prints hung on your walls can add a timeless and elegant touch to your dorm room decor. Consider putting together a gallery wall with framed art and wall hangings.
- Rugs: A black and white rug can serve as an anchor in your dorm room while also adding texture and visual interest. Consider a patterned rug or one with a strong graphic design.
- Desk Accessories: Black and white desk accessories, such as a desk lamp, pencil holder, and stapler, can help to make your workspace look cohesive and stylish.
- Accent Pieces: Adding black and white accent pieces to your dorm room decor, such as throw pillows, decorative boxes, and vases, can add personality and flair.
Consider incorporating different textures and patterns into your black and white themed dorm room to add depth and dimension to your space. Check with your dorm’s rules and regulations to ensure that black and white decor is permitted in your space.
Get the Look
12. Use Yellow As An Accent Color
Yellow accents may brighten your dorm room. Yellow dorm room ideas:
- Yellow throw pillows on your bed or couch offer colour and comfort to your dorm room. Geometric or flowery pillows give visual appeal.
- Wall Art: Yellow prints and artwork may brighten your dorm room. Choose bright, graphic pieces.
- Rugs: A yellow rug adds warmth and texture to your dorm room. Choose a rug with a soft pattern or a fun design.
- Desk Accessories: A yellow desk light, pencil holder, and file organiser will brighten up your workspace.
- Accent Pieces: A vase, ornate tray, or picture frame in yellow can bring character to your dorm room.
Use neutral hues like white, grey, or black to balance yellow accents. Make sure your dorm allows yellow decor.
Get the Look
13. Use Orange as the Accent Color
Get the Look
14. Create Urban Legend Room( best for Boys Dorm room)
Get the Look
15.Preppy Dorm decor:
Get the Look
16. keep it minimalistic
A minimalist dorm bedroom can be identified by its clear lines, subdued colour scheme, and understated simplicity.
A minimalist area has a lot less room for error than a room loaded with furniture because there are many more options available to visually distract from the boring, innocuous, or damaged.
Everything in the room needs to be beautiful and useful if you have less stuff, so it is also the time to decorate (and shop) with purpose. Here are 35 stylish and uncluttered minimalist bedrooms to get you thinking.
Home decor finds Guides
- 100+ best Home decor On Amazon
- 29+ Stylish & Pet-Friendly Home Decor Ideas for Pawrents-Pet friendly home decor
- The list is out and 21 best outdoor wood furniture for your patio
- 10 Simple and Effective Ways to Make Your Living Room Extra Cozy
- 19 Trendiest Throw pillows for a grey couch you can’t resist
- 40 + Luxury Home Decor Online Ideas to make your home look more Sophisticated
- 11 + Boss babe office decor Ideas for better productivity
- The 41 Glam & Must Have Girl Boss Office Decor
- 9+Christmas decor for coffee tables Inspo you’d adore
- The 10 best glam entryway tables for your lovely home
- The 11 best Rattan wall decorations for your Home